Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My 'hood


Though my district is mostly newer highrises, apartment buildings and young families, it's interesting to see people's gardens tucked into the most unexpected places. I especially see older folks alongside highways or under overpasses tending their gardens or drying peppers on mats to make "kimchi." Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish of pickled vegetables, often cabbage, that is served with every meal, without exception. I'm still getting used to the taste, but it's not bad as long as it's not too spicy.


The "JesusOK" church...I'm curious what denomination this is?
























Namyangju's main drag at night. You can see the PC-bang where I use the internet.



Mmm...Corn Flight, breakfast of champions!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Evan!
    Sounds like you have been to a lot of interesting places so far!
    I hope you don't get into any accidents with those crazy drivers and their GPS's!
    Also, isn't kimchi kept in a jar for awhile? I believe I know what that is...
    How is teaching so far?
    -Cuz Rachel

    ReplyDelete