Sunday, August 23, 2009

Climbing Baekbong

I happened upon a mountain trail that was a popular spot on a Sunday afternoon. I was surprised how many older couples there were, especially given the rugged trail, but I know hiking is very popular in Korea. The way up was quite steep in spots, sometimes a dried-out riverbed. It brought to mind hiking Mt. Marathon in Seward, Alaska, another memorable climb.






Halfway up there was a natural spring that people were using to fill up water bottles and buckets. I took this as a sign that I should not start drinking the tap water anytime soon.









Thank you, random clock.

(Just when I thought I could escape you.)







The view at the top was spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. Evan,
    Thanks for the blogs and pictures!! What a fascinating place. We are thankful that you had a safe trip and look forward to keeping up with your experiences.We hope that it cools off soon for you there.
    Love, Bieders

    ReplyDelete